Sunday, November 9, 2008

old kent

when i got my first car this was the chain that was on the keys. in case you dont know, old kent was a bank chain that used to exist in grand rapids. i know its just a bank, but for some reason i have a sentimental fondness for it. growing up its where my parents would bank. i have many memories of going over to that bank with my mom, she depositing checks, or going through the drive-thru and getting a sucker. and memories of counting coins with my dad on the counter and rolling them up. he and i would then drive over to the bank in his rusted out green truck (which always smelled of leather work gloves), and bringing in fistfulls of rolled change. ahh, im wistful just thinking about it... darn you fifth third for buying them out and relegating my beautiful memories of youth to the past!

No comments: