Thursday, September 11, 2008

an explanation

im a bit of a pack rat. always have been. if i ever come across something that i think is cool i keep it. if i have anything with even a hint of sentimental attachment, i keep it. i keep everything. that creates a problem though- i'm out of room to keep this stuff!
in an effort to de-clutter my house, and break myself of this pack rat mentality, ive decided to do something about it. most of the stuff i keep i have stories attached to, and holding on to the thing allows me to remember the story. so, instead of keeping the thing, i figured i could take a picture of it and tell the story. that way im still able to periodically go back and reminisce, but without taking up my closet space. some of the things talked about here i have still kept, others are in a trash heap somewhere. either way, they are a part of my story, and i'd like to share that story here.

No comments: