Sunday, September 28, 2008

indy racing

when i was about 12 my dad, uncle, and cousin jeff went to the races. we went for the day to michigan international speedway and watched an indy car race. ive never been a car guy, but we had a good time there anyway. it was a summer day that was terribly hot, i remember sitting in the stands and just dripping sweat. the race itself wasnt very interesting, the cars would just zip by, and then a minute later, they would zip by again. lame. there werent even that many crashes! i remember walking around the merch tables checking out all there was to see. my dad had given me some money, and jeffs dad gave him some, so we parused all the different booths looking for just the right souveneers. for some reason this particular key chain caught my eye.
after going to this event it solidified my views of racing as a sport: it isnt one.

No comments: