Sunday, September 28, 2008

steelcase truck

my dad has worked at steelcase all my life, his father had worked there for fifteen years before him too. it is a top of the line office furnature maker. i remember when i was growing up going over to my grammas house where she had a huge steelcase truck toy that was about two feet long. when ever we would go over there it was the first thing i would rush to get. when i was about six it was the coolest thing in the world- a toy of the place my dad worked! in high school i still looked back fondly at that truck. my parents were looking for some new office chairs for their desks at home, so we went to the steelcase employee store. and there, sitting on one of the shelves was that same giant toy truck! at this point i was too old to play with it like i used to, but i did get this littler version to put on the shelf in my room. its only about 6 inches long, but every time i look at it i remember the great times i had growing up in my grammas house.

No comments: